Here are some of the main takeaways from the day:
- Let kids play, discover
- I do a lot of good stuff already
- Have confidence in the kids, let them work things out for themselves
- Computational thinking is key, it is not just learning the latest programming language
- Students as creators, not just consumers
- Learning needs to be authentic, link to real world and give it real purpose
- Promote activities to encourage deep learning
- Turtle art is cool!
- Code is creative, elegant, simple and efficient
- Coders are creative people who need to work in teams and have excellent communication skills
- The joy of computing is the discovery, the problem-solving
- Quote of the day, ‘create your inner awesomeness!’
Day 2 reflections to follow asap.